WE HAVE A HOME! Yay!!! Praying it all works out! So excited! I've been living with my parents for the past few weeks. It's been great to have such wonderful support. They love my kids and are great role models for them. As much as I love them, it'll be nice to have some space. They probably would say the same. I don't think they are use to stepping on Legos as much as I am.
I have so many ideas for the new house. We won't move in till next month, but I've already started planing. I'm very frugal and since I sold most of my furniture from the divorce, I plan on making a lot of things. So get ready for DIY woodworking blog post! Yay!
One future blog post is a DIY headboard. I can't wait to show you all, but for now, here is a DIY wood frame with these AWESOME 'engineering prints.'
In my future dining room there is this nice big wall space. I wanted to print a picture to fill that wall. Unfortunately, the size I want is very expensive to print on canvas, poster, etc. So I looked on Pinterest to get other ideas. I came across a blogger that used 'engineering print.' Check out her blog: http://www.chrislovesjulia.com/2014/10/honey-i-blew-up-the-kids-tips-for-making-engineer-prints-look-their-best.html.
I love it! I took three pictures from a blog photo shoot I had with the very talented, Jessie Goggans of Jessie Goggans' photography.
I then changed the exposure and contrast, made the picture black and white and then uploaded it to Staples :http://www.staples.com/sbd/content/copyandprint/engineering-prints.html. The kids pictures were 18" x 24" and the family one is 30"x 42." I paid to rush the order (same day), because I'm impatient, but my total came to around $13 for three big prints!
I love it! To make an easy frame, I used extra wood I had from the future DIY headboard post. I used 1x4" wood slats. I'm not good at 45 degree angle cuts, so I just made the frame simple and easy. I cut four wood slats 16' and four 24." I then used wood glue and glued them together to make two frames. I stained the wood a dark walnut. After everything dried, I used a Kreg Jig clamp and Kreg Jig r3 to make pocket holes for a stronger hold. Lastly, I just turned over one frame, put the print on it, put the other frame on top and drilled them together using 1 and 1/4' screws. I can't wait to put it up in the new house! I'll have to update this post of the prints on the wall!
God is great.
Thank you for stopping by, Come back to check out pictures when they are up on the wall :)
Kristi Q Le
Hi! I'm Kristi. I'm starting a new chapter...more like book...of my life. I'm a mama of 2. Going to take adventures and try new things! YOLO, but in a Godly way!